Booking Conditions El Rancho
- An administration fee of $15.00 applies to all bookings when cancelled.
- Deposits for bookings cancelled less than 2 weeks prior to arrival will not be refunded unless the accommodation can be resold, less the $15.00 administration fee.
- Should you decide after check-in to depart earlier than the nights booked and we fail to resell the cancelled nights, the tariff is chargeable to the guest. Refunds are only made if the unit is resold.
Group Bookings (12+)
- We appreciate that unexpected events occur, however late cancellations limit our ability to obtain an alternative booking.
- Deposits are required to confirm a booking and are non-refundable.
- Notice of cancellation within 60 days of booking arrival will incur a 50% fee on accommodation booked.
- Notice of cancellation within 7 days will incur a 75% fee on accommodation and catering on numbers booked.
- Naturally we will try and resell your accommodation and if successful we will waive the fee to the value of the replacement booking.
Making and Confirming a Booking
Tentative Bookings can be made by telephone but must be confirmed within one month of the initial booking request. If the booking is not required please advise the Bookings Manager as soon as possible. Unconfirmed Bookings may be automatically cancelled after one month, unless prior arrangement is made with the Bookings Manager. Confirmed Bookings are recognised only when the Booking Contract is returned completed, together with the appropriate deposit.
A letter of confirmation will be forwarded on receipt of the above. No other form of communication is recognised as confirmation of a booking. If a booking enquiry comes in for the same dates as an unconfirmed booking we will make contact and request confirmation. If no confirmation is subsequently made we may cancel the tentative booking.
Weekend Group Bookings usually commence on Friday evening (with supper at fully catered venues) and conclude by 2pm on Sunday afternoon. Long weekends are one day extensions on this format.
Variations to normal arrival and departure arrangements must be discussed with and approved by the Booking Manager.
Notification of Numbers
We require that you contact El Rancho five working days before your camp is due to commence, to advise of the final number of people attending. These numbers will be used for catering purposes and unless updated on your arrival will be used to make up your account. You will be billed for your final numbers or actual numbers whichever is higher.
Balance of payment for the use of the Venues is required within fourteen days after your visit. Any deposit will be deducted from the final account. El Rancho staff can accept payment at the end of camp, or it can be posted to us.
Terms of Agreement
Any group using El Rancho agrees to abide by the following conditions:
- Minimum Charges apply to all bookings and your group minimums will be shown on your booking form.
- Our standard minimum rate per venue is 60% bed occupancy or 6 out of 10 beds occupied.
- Our Elm single room unit minimum rate is 100% room occupancy or (no. of rooms per unit x no. of units x single room rate).Tariffs
- All costs are inclusive of GST.
- Rates are subject to review.
- Fire Safety regulations & insurance policies permit smoking outdoors only. Please make sure all butts are extinguished and placed in bins.
- Alcohol and drugs are not to be brought onto the property.
- Firearms & dogs are not permitted on the property.
- Noise is to be kept to a minimum at night. Between the hours of 10.00pm and 7.00am groups may continue to socialise, but noise must be kept at a level not to inconvenience other guests.
- Do not tamper or "play" with fire-fighting equipment. False alarms may incur a Fire Service which is currently $1000 + GST. El Rancho’s policy is to recover a minimum of $500 + GST for each incident.
- It is your responsibility to use the equipment we supply, plus any more that you bring with you with the safety of your group in mind. This is achieved by following safe practice when operating these activities.
- Please bring your own first aid requirements and organise someone from your group to be responsible for administering first aid and recording of any accidents. All accidents must be reported to the camp staff. El Rancho has limited first aid supplies on site available if required but these will be charged to your account.
Groups and individuals who are proposing to book any part of the El Rancho Complex should note that the complex is owned by the Waikanae Christian Holiday Park Incorporated, a registered Charitable Trust. The main objective of the Trust is spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ through the use of its complex for camps, conventions and conferences. The Trustees may refuse to accept any booking from a group or individual whose objects or aims they believe to be contrary to the objects of the Trust.
El Rancho Kids Camp Terms & Conditions
- El Rancho is a non-profit organization that relies on the support of families and individuals who have experienced our events and programs and desire to support our vision and mission.
- The Camps operational budget is balanced with income received from accommodation and catering revenue and donations.
- El Rancho is a not for profit incorporated society.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- El Rancho is a New Zealand owned Business and all prices displayed are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD)
- Full refunds are given if we are given notice prior to camp and if we are able to replace the booking with another camper.
- Partial refunds are given if we are given notice prior to camp and we are unable to replace the booking with another camper or a camper is sent home due to sickness.
- The amount of any partial refund will be determined by the Director taking into account the costs to El Rancho.
- Refunds will not be given for children sent home due to bad behaviour.
Please contact the Program and Events Coordinator to cancel a booking and apply for a refund.
- Your privacy is important to us.
- You can view our privacy statement at any time on our website.
- Kids Camp "Earlybird Tickets" are limited to the first 15 boys and 15 girls, and are only available for a limited time.
- In the event that the allocated number of tickets are sold before the cut-off date, no further "Earlybird Tickets" will be granted, and the "Full Price Tickets" and 'Family Registration Tickets" will come into effect.
- In the event that there are "Earlybird Tickets" remaining once we have reached the cut-off date, the remaining tickets will be null and void, and the "Full Price Tickets" and "Family Registration Tickets" will come into effect.
- "Earlybird Tickets" can only be purchased using the "PayPal" transaction option. This means you have to make payment in full at the time of registration. PayPal transactions can be achieved by either using a CREDIT or DEBIT card, or using a PAYPAL account.
- "Earlybird Tickets" can not be purchased using the pay later option "Pay By Cheque"
- Due to the nature of WINZ and how they process their applications, "Earlybird Tickets" can not be purchased through the means of an OSCAR subsidy. However, OSCAR subsidies can be applied to the "Full Price Tickets" and "Family Registration Tickets" when they become available.