Activities Instructor / Host
Hosting close to 20,000 guests annually, we have been serving churches, schools, retreats, family reunions and community groups for over 50 years, across our 60 acre site.
We will soon have a vacancy for an Activities Instructor/Host whose primary role is to help facilitate our onsite activities at El Rancho. These include rock wall, horses, kayaking, tubing, archery, rifles, ropes and team initiative activities.
The role will also involve:
- Hosting our onsite groups and ensuring their safety and that their expectations are being met.
- Living onsite in a flatting situation and providing leadership to our onsite volunteers, many of whom are from overseas.
- Various other camp tasks including housekeeping, kitchen and maintenance.
We are looking for applicants who have a sense of God's call and who will be compatible with El Rancho's mission and objectives, these can be found here
Applicants will ideally:
- Be physically fit
- Be a team player
- Be self-motivated
- Have good administration skills
- Be an excellent leader with good communication skills
- Be great at dealing with people, both children and adults
- Be mature, responsible and able to stay calm in emergencies
- Be confident in their own abilities and able to inspire confidence in others
- Be able to demonstrate a positive and responsible attitude in all circumstances
- Have achieved a qualification in outdoor recreation and/or have relevant experience
- Have the ability and confidence to train and teach others, whilst remaining teachable and willing to serve
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to Michelle von Keisenberg, email@example.com.
Facilities & Construction Role
Hosting over 17,000 guests annually, we have been serving churches, schools, retreats, family reunions and community groups for over 50 years, across our 60 acre site.
We have a great opportunity available to join our Facilities team.
The main purpose of the role is:
- To assist the Facilities Manager with the repair and maintenance of the grounds, buildings, recreation and activity equipment and the housekeeping and set-up requirements for the camp; especially the grounds.
- To oversee construction projects across our large site - prior experience as a builder/carpenter, with a knowledge of managing budgets and resources is essential for this role.
- To supervise assigned volunteers and actively promote the objective of team ministry at El Rancho.
Please note that within our Christian camp context, the role will also involve offering spiritual direction and mentorship to our onsite volunteers and interns.
We are looking for applicants who will be compatible with El Rancho’s mission and objectives, these can be found here.
This role has an approximate start date of 1 July 2019.
If you think you have what it takes, please send your CV and a cover letter to Michelle von Keisenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org.