Hosting close to 20,000 guests annually, we have been serving churches, schools, retreats, family reunions and community groups for over 50 years, across our 60 acre site.
We have a great opportunity for someone to oversee the programmes we offer.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of El Rancho programmes and events.
- Vision and direction of events, in particular, our school holiday Kids Camps.
- Develop and lead a team of people, whose primary task is to utilise Christian programmes and activities as a means to introduce the Christian life to people, invite them into relationship with Jesus and develop their faith.
- Actively recruit new youth leaders to assist with El Rancho camps on an ongoing basis (networking with Christian groups, youth groups and schools).
- Host training and fellowship events for youth leaders, with a focus on connecting with them and equipping them with key leadership skills.
- Pastoral care and development of youth leaders, including one on one mentoring.
- Contribute to El Rancho programmes in areas of strength (MC, worship leading, speaking).
- Oversee the Programmes Administrator - ensuring that all administrative work is completed to a high standard.
- Assistance with other areas of our busy camp, as required.
Ideal Personal Attributes:
- Committed and mature Christian with a passion for reaching young people with the Gospel message.
- Experience in children’s and/or youth ministry.
- Servant hearted and able and willing to work long hours when required.
- Well-presented and relevant with an understanding of children and youth culture.
- Manages own stress well.
- Manages conflict with grace and clarity.
- Balances competing demands and priorities well.
- Team player and willing to contribute and to grow alongside the onsite community.
This role is a .5 part time salaried position, equivalent to 20 hours per week. However, you will need to be very flexible with hours worked – some weeks you will work well under 20, whilst other weeks, like leading up to and during our holiday camps, you will be required to work substantially more.
You will need to be available to work evenings, weekends and school holidays when required.
We are looking for applicants who have a sense of God's call and who will be compatible with El Rancho's mission and objectives, these can be found here.
If you think this sounds like you, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities Instructor / Host
We will soon have a vacancy for an Activities Instructor/Host whose primary role is to help facilitate our onsite activities at El Rancho. These include rock wall, horses, kayaking, tubing, archery, rifles, ropes and team initiative activities.
The role will also involve:
- Hosting our onsite groups and ensuring their safety and that their expectations are being met.
- Living onsite in a flatting situation and providing leadership to our onsite volunteers, many of whom are from overseas.
- Various other camp tasks including housekeeping, kitchen and maintenance.
We are looking for applicants who have a sense of God's call and who will be compatible with El Rancho's mission and objectives, these can be found here
Applicants will ideally:
- Be physically fit
- Be a team player
- Be self-motivated
- Have good administration skills
- Be an excellent leader with good communication skills
- Be great at dealing with people, both children and adults
- Be mature, responsible and able to stay calm in emergencies
- Be confident in their own abilities and able to inspire confidence in others
- Be able to demonstrate a positive and responsible attitude in all circumstances
- Have achieved a qualification in outdoor recreation and/or have relevant experience
- Have the ability and confidence to train and teach others, whilst remaining teachable and willing to serve
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to Michelle von Keisenberg, email@example.com.