Hosting close to 20,000 guests annually, we have been serving churches, schools, retreats, family reunions and community groups for over 50 years, across our 60 acre site.
We have a great opportunity for someone to oversee the programmes we offer.
- Responsible for the co-creation of El Rancho programmes and events.
- Vision, implementation and direction of events, in particular, school holiday Kids Camps, Marriage Retreats and other El Rancho initiated programmes.
- Develop and lead of a team of people, whose primary task is to utilise Christian programmes and activities as a means to introduce the Christian life to people, invite them into relationship with Jesus and develop their faith.
- Actively recruit new leaders to assist with El Rancho camps on an ongoing basis (networking with Christian groups, youth groups and schools).
- Host training events for youth leaders, with a focus on connecting, equipping them with key leadership skills.
- Pastoral care and development of young leaders, including mentoring.
- Contribute to El Rancho programmes in areas of strength (MC, worship leading, speaking).
- Oversee the Programmes Administrator - ensuring that all administrative work is completed to a high standard.
- Assistance with other areas of our busy camp, as required.
Ideal Personal Attributes:
- Committed and mature Christian with a passion for reaching young people with the Gospel message.
- Experience in children’s and/or youth ministry.
- Servant hearted and able and willing to work long hours when required.
- Well-presented and relevant with an understanding of children and youth culture.
- Manages own stress well.
- Manages conflict with grace and clarity.
- Balances competing demands and priorities well.
- Team player and willing to contribute and to grow alongside the onsite community.
- Positive and outgoing
You will need to be available to work evenings, weekends and school holidays when required.
We are looking for applicants who have a sense of God's call and who will be compatible with El Rancho's mission and objectives, these can be found here.
The hours for this role have the potential to be part time or full time depending on the successful candidate.
If you think this sounds like you, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.