BOOKINGS AND OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
We have an amazing opportunity in our office team to shine here at El Rancho, serving our thousands of guests managing our bookings department.
This is a permanent full time role that would ideally require someone who is committed to and has longevity in mind.
The main purpose of the role is:
To oversee the general operation of the administrative offices, receive and manage all groups, conference, school & summer motor camp bookings in conjunction with managing the Reception and Administration Assistant role.
Also to assist the Director with some PA work and assist with administration of El Rancho’s marketing strategy, liaise with department managers, staff and the public while providing consistent and accurate communication throughout the camp operation.
The ideal candidate will have experience or skills in the following areas:
- Excellent Customer service both face to face and by phone
- Must be highly relational and value building a good relationship with guests, staff and the community
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Publisher, Excel and preferably with a knowledge of online bookings systems, in particular Venue 360.
- The ability to prioritise a number or varying tasks well
- Be highly efficient and enjoy administrative work
- Be very attentive to detail and complete work to a very high standard
- Remain calm and collected when under pressure
- Team player and encourages good team work in others
We are looking for applicants who will be compatible with El Rancho's mission and objectives, these can be found here.
We would prefer for the chosen candidate to live onsite at El Rancho, so onsite accommodation will be offered as part of the remuneration package.
The hours are 8am - 5pm, working mostly Monday - Friday but with some weekend work included. Where a weekend is worked, days off will be given during the week.
If you think you have what it takes, please forward your CV and cover letter to Michelle von Keisenberg, email@example.com
We have an amazing opportunity here at El Rancho for an individual who is passionate about Christian camping and gifted in team leadership and administration.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to help lead our team and serve our many guests.
This is a permanent full-time role with the hours of 8am – 5pm, 5 days a week.
Purpose of the Position:
To oversee the operations of conferences, schools, motor camp, and El Rancho sponsored programmes.
The role will include:
- Overseeing the Programmes and Activities departments and budgets, ensuring the integrity of all El Rancho sponsored programmes, events and activities.
- Overseeing and assisting the Bookings Department, ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of the bookings process.
- Creating and implementing the monthly staff roster.
- Overseeing the Volunteer Programme, ensuring that the goals of the programme are fulfilled.
- Developing and overseeing the Internship programme, ensuring goals are set and achieved.
- Overseeing Hosting procedures and team to ensure excellent customer service to our guests.
- Overseeing the Catering department, ensuring that the team is staffed effectively and the guest experience remains at a high standard.
- Overseeing the Housekeeping processes to ensure a high standard of cleanliness and that the presentation across the camp is maintained.
- Assisting each team manager to ensure that budgets are managed well and adhered to.
- Assisting the Director with the annual budget and income projections along with the development of the Camp’s spiritual direction, by serving in a pastoral capacity to the community of El Rancho.
- This position will require some after hours and night phone duties.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a committed and mature Christian with a passion for reaching people with the Gospel message.
- Have experience in leading and supervising a team.
- Have experience in setting and adhering to budgets.
- Be able to manage own stress well.
- Be able to manage conflict with grace and clarity.
- Know how to balance competing demands and priorities well.
- Be familiar with working under a relevant Code of Ethics.
- Be servant hearted and able and willing to work extra hours in order to meet the needs of the camp.
- Be well presented and relevant with an understanding of children’s and youth culture.
- Be a team player and willing to contribute and to grow alongside the onsite community.
As El Rancho is a ministry and operates 24/7, the Operations Manager will be expected to live on-site and work occasional weekends.
We are offering an attractive remuneration package which includes on-site accommodation.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV with a cover letter to Bruce O’Brien, El Rancho Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.